View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #150
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
I have been trying to pull together some kind of tire repair kit for a street bike. Help me out here. I have been looking at the stop n go mini compressor and the slime 40001. They are quite a bit cheaper than 70.00.

I am not trying to be a dick but what is the difference and I noticed on the box the best one you sell is made in china? I always would rather help out the small business man if possible. I just need something to air up a tire after its plugged just in case. Thanks.
I still sell the SLIME Power Sport Inflator, and used to sell the Stop & Go inflator. Had too many failures with the S&G. It is very, very, very light duty. Both of those pumps are made in China.

The PSI is good, but lacks features that the MotoPumps Mini Pro has.

Yes, $70 is not cheap, but neither is the Mini Pro. It cost me $70 yesterday to fill up the gas tank in my van. We spent more than that on dinner for three last week. That stuff is or will be gone in a week... The inflator will last a long time.

The Mini Pro inflator is built in a factory in Taiwan. The factory is ISO 9001/14000 certified. The pump is RoHs compliant and CE certified for sale in the European Union. It has TUV certification.

Aside from all that pedigree, it has a feature set that no other pump on the market has.
3.5' urethane air hose with a zero loss connector. Polarity protection circuit with warning light. LED worklight. Amazing to have at night on the side of the road.
LED backlit pressure gauge that is easy to read, steady and very accurate.
Very efficient, fan cooled motor and pump that only draws 6amps, but pumps like it draws 10. Onboard storage of the 10' of power cord, SAE and Cig Plug, sports inflators for balls, rafts, sleeping pads, etc.

You could pay $100 for a Cycle Pump, made in the US from Chinese parts, $125 with an inline pressure gauge. Still doesn't have any of the other features the Mini Pro has, and it weighs twice as much without the gauge.

If you want a deal on a SLIME PSI or a Classic MotoPump, check out my website. Deals to be had at all levels of pricing and features...

www.motopumps.com
03 ZX6R & 98 VFR800FI & 89 Honda Hawk GT x2
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote