Old 01-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #74
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
RTVE, Marc Martin and team on Escale bros:

MM: The calmness with which the brothers face their problems

Rafa Tibau: I'd like to say calmness, but I'd say overwhelmed, the first 18 hours, everything that's happened to them....

MM: But smiling, other riders would have [quit]

Carlos Solteo: both 20 year olds are suprising to have this philosophy, and are doing really well in spite of their problems

Xavi Riva: Famous phrase ??"C'est L'Afrique Patron"?? and really they're seeing that with so many problems, take them one at a time, that report was [great].
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
Dakar : Bikes stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
David Casteu via email

At the end of the second stage between San Luis and San Rafael, David was ranked 7th in 7'27 '' the day's winner , Briton Sam Sunderland ( Honda) and moved up to 10th place overall , to 10'59 '' Joan Barreda Bort leader (Honda).

"Everything is fine, I just arrived, David tells the bivouac in San Rafael . We had a very long day, we left at 4:00 in the morning and it makes a heat sick! I took my bearings on the bike after two or three settings. It starts to come. The fact of not knowing too that KTM is not so bad because I 'm quiet . Today, the course was very nice, very green hills, I thought I would in a western . "

On Tuesday, the third stage will start from San Rafael to San Juan, with a 292 km link and a special of 373 km . This will be only the first part of the marathon stage . At night, the pilot will provide mechanical themselves in isolated camp that was prepared for them .

Lundi 06 Janvier 2014 – Etape 2

A l'issue de la 2e étape entre San Luis et San Rafael, David s’est classé 7e à 7’27’’ du vainqueur du jour, le Britannique Sam Sunderland (Honda) et est remonté à la 10e place du classement général, à 10’59’’ du leader Joan Barreda Bort (Honda).
« Tout va bien, je viens d’arriver, raconte David au bivouac de San Rafael. On a eu une très longue journée, nous sommes partis à 4 heures du matin et il fait une chaleur de malade ! J’ai pris mes marques sur la moto après deux ou trois réglages. Ca commence à venir. Le fait de ne pas trop connaître cette KTM, ce n’est pas si mal car j’y vais tranquille. Aujourd’hui, le parcours était très joli, avec des collines très vertes, je me serais cru dans un western ».

Ce mardi, la 3e étape partira de San Rafael pour San Juan, avec une liaison de 292 km et une spéciale de 373 km. Ce ne sera que la première partie de cette étape marathon. Le soir, les pilotes devront assurer eux-mêmes la mécanique au bivouac isolé qui leur a été préparé.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Kocanda View Post
Just quick note from SMS from Jan Vesely (Yamaha, no.68) - he stopped on WP19 as he spotted another biker, who collapsed from his bike and was unconscious. He spent there time until arrived helikoptér, what they called to help. He think he will get the spent time back. But he helped another rider with broken leg and finally helped another one, who was without fuel. Quite tough day. Jan mentioned, that it was toughest day from all Dakar´s what he was riding so far. Very hot and engines were not happy about it. Dunes quite steep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Sadly Visser/Badenhorst out of @dakar. Rolled @TeamFordRacing Ranger in dunes. Visser in hospital for x-rays, Badenhorst ok

-few minutes later-

Good news - Chris Visser is ok, staying in hospital overnight, should be out tomorrow morning #FordAtDakar @TeamFordRacing @dakar