Originally Posted by jeremyjim
Anyone have any suggestions for the service interval warning on the computer? I tried to follow internet suggestions to reset it, but KTM may have removed the capability to reset by the user. The dealer had to reset mine (wasn't due for service anyway). I'm sure those of us wanting to do our own maintenance will find that bothersome.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the reset as described below, worked on my 2014 adv r?. I spoke to the dealer and his mechanic and was told that several of the bikes sold before 2014 ny have been in with a unscheduled service light that needed resetting. They reckon it was the change of the year messing with the bikes brain.
- hold the up and down buttons and turn on the ignition
- continue to hold the up and down buttons until the display cycles through all the menus
- continue to hold the up and down buttons when the setting menu is reached
- after a few seconds the settings menu will change to allow you to choose the kms and months until next service.
- You can now let go of the up and down buttons
- Use the "set" button to increase the numbers. Keep going and the kms and months will cycle back around to 0 if you go past your choice.