Old 01-07-2014, 03:47 AM   #77
Flood OP
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDennehy View Post
via FB:
David Reeve's Zambia Dakar 2013 Challenge

Good Morning Zambia. I have a little data connectivity at long last so having packed up the RV and getting ready to leave for San Juan, I thought I'd just send a quick update.

David is cheerful. He has had a touch of the Flu but seems to had got rid of it now. He left about 2 hours ago on the 1st day of his 2 day Marathon stage to Chilecito via San Juan. Their Bivouac tonight is a long way from ours and will be heavily guarded to ensure that the riders don't get any Assista...nce from their teams.

Yesterday was carnage for all the classes with quite a few withdrawals as we understand. You will have seen the posts about it.
David and I had a long chat after he finished his Road-book preps last night.
The Plan is simple. He will consolidate his place during the 2 day Marathon stage, not pushing it.
Don't expect any major place changes please, The aim is to preserve the bike and get through the Marathon stage in 1 piece. We also know that David gets stronger the longer he is in the race. He has the stamina. He ate well last night which he needed to do as he was physically drained when he came in. Food here in the Bivouac is very good.
Scott Spears and Jaime Valdez from FRR are doing an awesome job on David's bike. She is running sweet. They both have a good relationship with David and are very pleased with his attitude and feedback to them.

Well must go. Thanks for all your support. I managed to get on FB in the Bivouac last night, to show David the support you guys are sending him, it had us both a bit emotional. (show him his thread, it'll have him blubbing like a baby) He was so Chuffed that you guys are sending all the messages.

It lifts David seeing that you are supporting him so much. Thanks again.

Out for now, will try to send some pics asap, maybe vi Norman on Email.

CB2

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook