View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 05:08 AM   #50
JohnCW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,126
1969 also. Pretty much same deal, lived in a sunny coastal resort and wanting to be like my mates rode around in boards shorts, flip-flops and no shirts on Yamaha DT 250's (remember them, then you're showing your age).

Regarding a previous comment about just maybe getting a bit of leg rash if you come off in jeans, had a mate in those days who spent 4 months in hospital from major infections from major road rash to his lower body. There was talk at one stage that they may have to amputate his leg to save his life because of the infection. He spent the next 2 years in and out of hospital having skin grafts, and was significantly disabled and disfigured for the rest of his life from the significant tissue, bone and muscle damage he'd incurred.

I'd happily incur a broken arm or leg rather than major road rash. I'm terrified of it having seen what it can do to someone. But then perhaps I'm just a total wuss. If its hot I wear textile riding pants with Kevlar lined jeans underneath. If its mild weather I wear race grade leather pants. Hot weather.....I live in Australia.

JohnCW screwed with this post 01-07-2014 at 05:21 AM
JohnCW is offline   Reply With Quote