Old 01-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #99
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,025
Bit of re-capping to do. From this morning and this afternoon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
From David's team:

"DR's bike exhaust burnt a hole in reserve water tank.
Freedom Rally Racing has improved the KTM Factory issue and branded it accordingly.
Thus DR now riding with a FRR improved KTM Factory Water Tank"

SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
El piloto francès Gilles Gard complicadìsimo en las dunas

French rider Gilles Gard having a complicated time in the dunes.

SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post
The dutch editing
Day 2

Starting S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M View Post

Residuos Peligrosos, that makes her TOXIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Here is a cool one I think from Stage 1.

SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by myway View Post

SS1 Winner (cars)
Quote:

Carlos Sousa
Day 1 El Cielo
Day 2 El Infierno
He's out.
SS2 Quote:
Quote:
#261 JOSE LUIS ESPINOSA GARCIA (ESP)
"Esta carrera no es como las demás, vi dos coches caer al precipicio"

"This race is not like the others, I saw two cars fall off the cliff"

http://www.teinteresa.es/deportes/ca...061894206.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Linked article translated by google:

"After the second stage of the Dakar 2014, I can say that it has detected that this race is not like the others . The 380 kilometers of special yesterday between San Rafael and San Luis were very long and started with problems. To my roadbook engine was not working, so I had to move it manually.

"Once I fixed the first problem, the visitors through the first 50 kilometers, a motorcyclist crashed into my wheel and bolted . I went to help him, but I was fine. I apologized saying it was the result of fatigue. I accepted the apology because they were fully justified.

"The later stage into the desert for approximately 159 kilometers. There was morally devastated people, lying at the side of the 'waypoints'. Pilots saw them symptoms of dehydration and fatigue result from heat. Some bikes had left buried and me made ​​the gesture of the thumb down. I asked if they needed help and I replied that only needed water and they were for them.

"Upon completion of the wilderness, at kilometer 311, elapsed by a dry river gorge next to a cliff and I saw only one car and motorcycle. At mile 365, twice sounded the sentinel came because they wanted to go ahead and hire twice those cars fell off the cliff because the passage was very narrow.
When I was trying to help the sentinel rang again. Came another car. I stood before him and crossed my arms saying that it could not happen, but he ignored me and the two fell. I could have cost lives . People helped me and helped them. Thank god we were all right. Finally I could go through the site successfully."