View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikengrace View Post
Perry.
Thanks for your response. I am new to this site. Came over from a KLR forum. Any how, not only am I looking for others in my position ride with I am also trying to raise awareness about the fact that there are many of us who love to ride but our health situation makes it both difficult and dangerous to do so alone.
I would love to get together with you for a ride when you are able. Perhaps we could meet in the middle somewhere or whatever. I am sure we can work something out. I am open for just about any location and type of roads. I prefer to stay off long stretches of freeway though, and my preference is the curvier the better. Some dirt or gravel thrown is great also. God Bless and best wishes on a speedy recovery.
Mike, that sounds great, I'll let you know when my doc clears me to ride. I was so sick from the colon cancer my blood count was 4.3, I needed 5 units of blood just to get me safe to go home from the hospital. Good news is my doctor removed a section of the right side of my colon and I'm good to go. I'm still waiting on the pathology report to determine if I'll need chemo...
What cancer are you fighting? Are you riding a KLR? We could meet up at bass lake and ride the Sierra national forest. Lots of good riding over there. Checkout the Central Valley Dual Sport Rides thread. Sierra NF report & Sequoia NF report threads, I post in all three. There are a bunch of good guys over here, join us for rides anytime, just post up or PM if you want to ride. You & I can be the cancer fighter riders...
Perry

pcvance screwed with this post 01-08-2014 at 07:16 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote