View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #52
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
No Interviews this year. Presume that the budget got cut since they only have one reporter in the field and Carlton doing the voiceover from back home...
Sucks that there are no interviews.

I got the impression from previous years that the ASO produced the video and each broadcaster just overdubbed (as I'd seen exact same footage with different announcer) though I thought the French TV coverage was somehow longer .... I guess I need to brush up on my French.

Maybe it's just me but this years coverage seems disjointed, previous years the ordering of bikes, quads, cars was more consistent, now it seems to get mixed around throughout the broadcast plus much more time spent covering the previous day. I guess there probably isn't a lot of time to collect all the days footage before the Euro broadcast deadline but I don't recall it being this way in past years .... I have to watch each days footage a couple times now to figure out whats from today's stage and whats from yesterdays which just pisses my wife off twice as much

It's still good though, I just wish it was longer as I'd love to see them spend more time on the terrain.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote