View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
Jimkatoom
Not a nOOb

Oddometer: 23
Skid plates

Fhammond-
Congrats on your New Bike Day!
I had a deposit on an 1190 R at Motor Cafe, but didn't care for their sales guys, so I went looking and found one elsewhere- glad you got yours!
Skid plates: there seems to be several out there, and Black Dog Cycle Works is working on developing theirs... I had their product on my 950 S and it was robust! Powder coated, too! Don't know how impatient you are ( I hate waiting)
I'm going with the stock KTM plate- I like: rounded- no sharp edges to catch, the stocker states it's 6mm thick, (I think that's at or near the top -others are 5mm) it seems to have as good, or better side coverage as the others, I'm not particularly fond of the sliders on the Touratech plate as they stick out- but maybe that's just my imagination,and best of all, I got a 20% discount from Wisons, in Fresno (yeah, Fresno is a bit of a drive, and you don't want to get any on you, but I don't think I was out there long enough for it to stick
Now, YMMV, and you may have different criteria... The good news is we have choices! Way better than waiting...
Jim
PS Good choice on the K60's- a great tire!
Other accessories: bar risers (I'm 6' tall), bigger foot pegs, GPS mount( the Touratech looks really good and positions it ABOVE the gauges where it belongs), and different (more off-road-worthy) mirrors, more robust hand guards...
PPS- almost forgot- another MUST have is a radiator guard...
J

Jimkatoom screwed with this post 01-09-2014 at 07:57 PM
Jimkatoom is offline   Reply With Quote