View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #56
Süsser Tod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 871
I ordered the movie before the release date, it was sold out on release and I had to wait for the 2nd batch and then the shipping to Mexico...

I LOVED IT! Yes, a lot of it is about racing, but honestly, racing is inherent to human nature. When I was a kid we raced anything, you're always trying to compete, be better at something, so racing will have to be somewhere in there in any movie about motorcycles. If you're willing to go past the "they are racing, I hate it" mind block, you'll notice that all of them pretty much ride for the similar reasons, whether it be on the race track, dirt track or the open road.

I tried racing and I hated it. I do trackdays and love them, but riding is a lot more than going fast to me, yesterday I just went out riding on the suburbs for three hours, looking at things, exploring streets I had never been to before, looking at the different houses. Sometimes I just go out riding in the night, within the city, it looks different, quiet and peaceful. Sometimes I like to go to the mountains and grab lunch in a small town...

I think the movie pretty much covered it all.
Süsser Tod is offline   Reply With Quote