View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #10
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
I'm consider myself a gearhead, and when I moved to NYC for career purposes I couldn't build anymore cars and I had no need for them either, so my passion of wrenching was gone, a piece of me was missing. It also became challenging leaving the city and getting around on foot and mass transit. I always had a major interest for motorcycles, but was deathly afraid of them due to several friends that had passed away on bikes and the bad reputation it has. So I signed up for the MSF anyway, and I got laid off the following week. I had time to cancel the class and get a refund, but something inside told me to take it anyway, so I did and I LOVED IT!

I bought my first bike a week after, and could not stop riding it, wrenching on it, learning about it, and putting miles and miles and miles. It was a long winter so I read as many books as I could and went crazy over proper riding techniques, eventually I met a nice group of riders and did my first track day. After doing my first track day a few months later, cars are now something of the past for me, I am completely in love with any and all types of motorcyles, riding, etc.. they have become a big part of my life over the last couple of years, and will be for the rest of my life.