View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #36
rudolf35
Warped & Twisted Mind

Oddometer: 781
Laugh Start on a Guzzi

Living in Germany, in 1966, the bicycle was the choice of transportation for many people; including me. As I was peddling my way through hill and dale I was always fascinated by the "Mofas". A Mofa, at the time, was a bicycle with a motor on it that could be insured and tagged with a plate handed out by the insurance agent (I think that is long gone). As luck would have it, my lifelong friend, two years older than me, was given his first bike a Mofa.

Needless to say, a few days after he received his Mofa I was on it "testing" it. I fell in love with it and had to have one. Through a lot of pleading and begging I was soon the proud owner of my first Mofa, a 1967 Moto-Guzzi Trotter.

Moto-Guzzi Trotter - pic of the web

The little Trotter, was not only my transportation for four years, but it was also my patient teaching aid for mechanic. The poor thing suffered through many “what it this” exploratory surgeries. But, to it’s credit it did teach me well and I stuck with it for 50 years.

rudolf35 is offline   Reply With Quote