View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #100
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
It would appear that this thread has lost it's life. I may be posing a question that no one will see. Here goes. I want to move the underseat map switch capability to the handlebars. Page 1 of this thread mentions the use of a Leo Vance switch to do just that. However I find no such switch for the 690 on their web site. Also other makers of KTM map switches indicate that they are for changing the ignition timing. This compounds my confusion as the underseat switch on the 690 deals with fuel mapping. However a switch is a switch and perhaps it can be adapted. The question: What device are you using?
Here's a post from the new mega-thread which has info you may find useful about the dirt bike map switches when used on a 690. They are plug compatible but do not offer the option of the standard map. The standard and "wild" do produce the same power but give it less abruptly. I think it is useful to have the poor fuel option as I usually use the "wild" rather than standard.

Also, ignition advance is a part of the maps, so those are changed too. The 690 TuneECU thread contains information about how one could change which map number is associated with which map option.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote