View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #8
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikengrace View Post
Hey Perry?
Yes, I have ridden the clear creek area many times. Although it has been a while since the last time. I have been trying to get back out there lately. Just haven't made it yet. There is a lot of ice there when cold and I am concerned about taking a fall by myself. I know it sounds whimpy, but with my bones as soft as they are I can't take the risk by myself. There are some great roads to connect together for a dual sport ride, and the off road area is huge. But they have closed a lot of the off road stuff in recent years. I hear they are not enforcing it though. Either way, the main road/trail through the area is a county road and therefore open to dual sports. It would be a great ride from my home as I live about 60 miles north of there. The loop from here through Clear Creek and back to here would be about 150 miles. But I could meet you in New Idria (an abandoned mining town on the north edge) or Colinga (a oil town on the south side). Let me know when and if you might be up for it. Hope yor recovery is going smoothly. Go Cancer Fighter Riders and God bless you.
Mike, thank you. Soon we will ride, that sounds like a great loop you have planned. I like that area, ive been there a couple of times. My prognosis couldn't be better, I just need time to heal from surgery.
Perry