View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #165
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC950 View Post
just ordered mine.

I am so glad you and Simon pulled this off. But then again, for anyone who can finish Dakar in the shape you were in, what's completing a film?
Thanks!

The film was a long grinding process, from 300hrs of footage to be classified, down to a 10hr version of Dream Racer (I was happy with that ;)

Then it went to a 3hr version and every bit of chopping off was hard as everything was good. May be one day we will have that special 'Marathon' Edition

Down to 93 minutes, then the music had to be composed from scratch, and finally the translations before all the various 'mastering processes.'

Now it's in the box, finally and 'allllllllll' I need to do is spread the word out.

Here are a few more testimonials received:

"watching you again on discovery world. i think the 5th time this month. Really great. From Malta Europe."

"received the film a couple of days ago and finished it last night...snd if course for me it is the best period to watch it with the Dakar currently underway... what can I say.. simply a brilliant and motivating film.. well done to all the team."

"Loved it! got a little emotional watching you leave the start (reminded me of watching my husband head off in the Aus Safari & the emotions then) & then coming in at the end. It was a great insight to what goes into it all.. mentally, financially & logistically. It was also good to see what Simon went through, could understand that too, having organised a lot for the Safari & the feeling of constant nagging lol Well done guys."

"Salut Christophe, je viens de regarder le blue ray .... pfff !!! Simplement fantastique ! J'avais l'impression de revivre le Dakar avec ma 660 ! Franchement, c'est le meilleur film sur le Dakar que j'ai jamais vu !! Un énorme bravo à Simon et à toi pour ce travail de qualité. C'est vraiment l'esprit du Dakar, ce qui fait ma passion et a nourri tous mes rêves pendant des années."

"Saludos desde CHILE!!! Great Film!!!"

"This is the best film ever! It should be shown on TV, rather than those reality rubbish shows! This shows the true character of the human spirit!"
Join Dream Racer on Facebook
CBVRacing is offline   Reply With Quote