View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #59
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Thanks Greg thats really helpful.

I have never checked the valves and I need to do a little carb tweaking (lean down low/popping on decell) so that could be a big contributor to the lower power. Everything else is new and fresh. I have never ridden another 950 so the low on power statement is based mostly on the difficulty the bike has in getting the front wheel up (I know....real world dyno), and from what people tell me it should come up with no problems. It really seems to run great other wise, I've had it to 100+ MPH and it seems to pull hard at highway speeds, so it could just be "me".

So the plan of attack is:

-Check valves/lap
-New rings
-New Oil Pump Pressure valve/spring
-New Cam Chains/Guides

Going this far I dont see how it will hurt to freshen up the top end. May not need it, but its getting done now regardless

Thanks fellas
I think the whole "wheelie" machine stuff might be for sea level or 990's. The front wheel does not come up easy at all on mine with 34,000 miles and 16/42. I just checked my valves last night and two intakes are tight. The rest are in spec, if just, and the rear plug looks a little rich. I plan on addressing all those issues and putting in a new set of plugs but it sounds like your bike runs pretty similar to mine; 100mph easy and pulls hard and steady, but I think my carbs could use some fine tuning and a 45t in the rear for sure.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote