Thread: KTM Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #80
youngblood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Yo GumbyD! See my sig! Your LC4 is still going strong so KTMTalk must have taught you a thing or two!

Seriously, the folks behind KTMTalk are the guys and gals on whose shoulders we stand. Keep reading...

The hardcore offroad crowd (MX, enduro) is how KTM got to where they are as a company over the years so they could offer a 950/990/1190 etc.

Chip Munn himself is the guy who makes the smaller bike thing happen and works closely with KTM USA. How vital are young riders to the health of the sport and motorcycling? Extremely. I have nothing but respect for him, AND the discount that is baked into the membership which pays for itself the first order you make at munnracing.com

To throw the whole forum under the bus is really juvenile and lacks any evidence of knowledge of the people behind the scenes.

If someone new to ADVrider hit this thread as their first read, what would they say about this forum? YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustodust View Post
I am "Lonewolf'" from KTMtalk
I started there in about 2002 as "gumbydave", the Admin let me change my sucky username at about 4500 posts
I have close to 10,000 useful and helpful posts there
There is no way I can say anything bad about ktmtalk
Over the years I have gained many good riding buddies and a lot of technical knowledge from there
actually it is my primary social site too LoL
lots of bros there
I love those guys
met the website owner too and he is cool
he banned me a few times but always forgave me and let me come back and for that im grateful
KTMTALK rocks
if you dont like it, too bad, maybe we dont need you there
if you dont like KTMTALK you can kiss my ass (cant say that word there)

so yeah, ADV rider is great
but so is ktok

2014 KTM Adv 1190R
2007 KTM Adv 990S Dakar 7k miles FOR SALE
2005 KTM 525 SX Supermoto/Rally
2002 KTM LC4 Supermoto (old GumbyDave-mobile)
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote