View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #63
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,271
That's a very innocent opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bump View Post
Rallys are more like a game than like racing.
Personally I find motorcycle rallys to be more sophisticated then motocross or Supercross. And of course the Score races are a bit of their own design.

Look, I'm not a racer. I don't aspire to be one. And I certainly don't want to judge or offend anyone involved in any form of motorcycle racing.

I am merely a distant spectator. But for my personal tastes I enjoy viewing and following motorcycle rallys. I own and ride several rally style bikes, which I've done offroad for pleasure for over twenty years. I support the motorcycle industry from a consumer point of view and the minute an ambitious rally race promotor realizes the power of octo heli cams combined with Go Pros and the internet, that will have a huge stake in the direction of motorcycle sales, publicity and profitability. Motorcycle Rally racing isn't something that "might" become the next wave of popularity in the two wheeled industry... It's simply a matter of when, not if.

And oddly enough, whoever creates the best visual medium for distant spectators to follow it, get behind it and become fanatical about it... that entity will capitalize handsomely for it.

You want to know what makes the Dakar Rally so popular? It's a multi dimensional format. It's authentically glorified. And it's got future-thinking marketeers with an amazing visual capture and distribution plan. ( In my opinion what's missing with the Score races.)

So any ambitious rally promoters...simply take that plan and run with it guys.