View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #43
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Bob View Post
Ouch, expensive lesson - thanks for sharing the tip! Nice second picture too. I want to be there.

Many years ago I rode my beater Yamaha IT175 year round. On road, off road, on the frozen lake (after some snow froze to the ice!). There's not much wiring to harm on that bike, and at age 15'ish my grasp of the 'neglect/consequence' curve wasn't real firm anyway.

That juvenile handicap has thankfully faded, replaced by maturity which has unfortunately taken all the salty months of riding off my calender. Unacceptable - I am a man now, time to outsmart the salt and kill some cabin feaver!

Bob
not as expensive as it coulda been, for me, I have a unique relationship with my dealer, not only to I get 15% discount, I get 30 day terms AND as a Land Use Consultant, I do a fair amount of work for the owner of the dealership, so we do barters as well. The barters is where I really make out, for work they do for me, it's 75/hr minus the 15% discount = $63.75/hr, meanwhile my charge rate to him is $125/hr.
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is online now   Reply With Quote