View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #63
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
I have done it quite successfully in 17 countries last year alone. I partially agree however, no one should be riding a KTM across the world. I would be most interested in any intercontinental ride reports you have published. can you post a link?

Kedgi

Yeah, damn KTM's hate milk jug gas.

I'm a Software Developer, not a mechanic and my time is also very valuable. That is why I learn the inner workings of my motorcycles and common problems and fixes for them. That way I don't wind up wasting my precious time in some dive hotel whining to the internet instead of riding a running motorcycle. Even worse with the places I frequently go, though in the US, it'd be easy to wind up alone broke down in the middle of nowhere waiting to die of starvation or dehydration.

Sorry you're having problems and your vacay was blown, but self sufficiency counts for a lot when the stakes are high.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.