View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #88
JoeMongo
¿Por dónde?

Oddometer: 436
never owned a KTM before, until now, yet . . .

Never touched a KTM in my life before November. I am not a trained mechanic. I am an old retired electrical engineer, and everyone knows how terrible engineers are when they try to be technicians. I had no trouble changing the fuel filter. It's easily less than a 60 minute job. Next time, I'll do it without taking the tank off, just to confirm that I can, and just to see if I can do it on the side of the road in 30 minutes. In my opinion, it's a 10K mile service item, just like valve checks, but MUCH easier.

Oh, and just to be clear, I'd never travel far from home without a spare fuel filter set with O-rings in my luggage. It's small and weighs nothing.

Also my opinion, but if someone chooses to ride a moto, or drive a two track vehicle, into locations with little support, they not only should know how to service and repair their vehicle, they should actually do so, always.

If not, you are just rolling the dice. Sometimes you get away with it. This time you didn't. If you had changed the fuel filter at the same time that you had the tanks off for the 10K valve adjustment, it's only a $30 and 30 minute job. Why wouldn't you do so?

I suspect you'll be offended by my comments, since you have shown no interest in learning from the feedback of the rest of us that wouldn't have chosen to put ourselves into your position. Instead, you only want to complain and blame others for your situation. I'd rather control my own destiny. Best of luck regardless.

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.