View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #93
Wonway
KTM Fanboi #2

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
My 2 pennies:

For the amount you paid, the bike should run on shitty gas or just about anything for that matter.

You also had the bike regularly serviced (I see in your other ride reports).

I think it would be understandable to have a regularly serviced bike make it accross the USA without issues.

All this talk of carrying spares and what not, piss on it. Why buy a $160 filter kit for a bike under warranty? You know the deal - you touch the bike and KTM says "you changed the last filter, we won't warranty it now"

Also, the dealer should have these filters in stock if they are so commonly needed.

At this point, KTM Corp can basically do nothing to get you back as a customer. Are you sure you can't do a trade in at the dealer? Can they get KTM Corp to ship the bike to Canada? At that point you can trade it in.
I don't think his bike is under warranty. He bought it used with 30,000 kms on it. Who knows what it has been through. And all it takes is one batch of dirty fuel to clog any filter. I don't blame the bike, I blame the OP for being overly whiny. Get the parts, fix it and move on.

Way too much drama for some bad luck with a simple fix.
1994 Ducati 888 LTD #61
2008 Husqvarna TE610
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R