VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWan View Post
Hmm.
from one of my ride reports...

and from another...

By the way, Lica rode his 990 from BC to Ushuaia and back and loved it.

He just finished a rebuild of the bike and plans to ship it to Africa, ride up to Romania, and then keep the bike in Europe for future travels.
Because he bought a new 990 (Baja edition) to keep in Canada.

It's too bad you're having trouble with your bike, but I'm surprised you expected to get sympathy in Orange Crush.

Have you not been in the OC before?
That is a great idea to leave the upper shroud on when pulling the tank. I'll have to remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
Don't skim my ride report, read it, it will teach you a lot.

A mousetrap is a lot more reliable than this KTM our we couldn't see the ass you just made of yourself. It would be covered in mice. You have time for potshots at a guy whose ride report you skimmed. Give me a break.

Kedgi
Caught up on the report you linked. Lots of pictures of paved roads, snow, syrup, cookies, and kittens. No dirt or anything like the type of overlanding I pursue that I noticed. What would I know I only live within half a days ride of at least three of the main destinations for offroad adventure riding in the south west. If I want to learn something I read a report by the Wans, they know how to do things in style and overcome.

I may be an ass, but I'm an ass who has never been stranded by a either of the KTM adventure bikes I have had the pleasure of owning.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots screwed with this post 01-16-2014 at 02:47 PM