View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
I have been reading these builds for about a year and like everyone else, I think: Man that is a good idea or I wouldn't do that. Let's face it, the BMW GS is a street bike and although the old Yamaha DT 250 was hell of a trailbike, it was limited on the road! As you move up in size and cc there should be a point where it all balances. The Versys and V-strom are good starting points but the KLR with the 650 twin engine offers more.
My question is: If you were to build frankenstien, what would it include and why? I think we need some guide lines, it must be capable of 200+ miles on a tank of gas, comfortable enough to ride 600+ mile days strung together (ie. Touring), keep up with highway traffic, nimble enough to ride single track.
The hard part to achieve is the "nimble enough to ride single track" along with all that preceded that.

Personally I'm a big fan of the modified Versys/Ninja, and I simply accept that due to the limitations of the bike and myself as a rider, this is not the bike for me to ride single track with.
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote