View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays
Jeff aka BOLT's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Lost in the Mojave
Oddometer: 1,436
Originally Posted by WantToRideMoar View Post
I just bought a 2013 Tiger 800XC from GoAZ in Scottsdale last week.

I want to have it registered OHV and take advantage of the $30 registration rate rather than paying the $275 registration the state wants for a conventional motorcycle.

GoAZ was hesitant to do this, then researched it and said I could, but that they couldn't print me a temporary tag. I paid them $37 in registration fees on closing.

I have nothing in the mail at this point.

Assuming the worst and that I need to restart the whole process over again, what is the step-by-step process to register a brand new virgin never registered before vehicle in AZ and pay the OHV rate rather than the regular motorcycle rate? I'm tired of waiting and having zero paperwork to protect myself.

I can't seem to find anything on the AZDOT/dmv website, or on service arizona.
You confuse me... In AZ they generally don't mail stuff. They even print your new TITLE on the spot. Did you actually go to the MVD ?

You go in... tell them what you want... they charge you... hand you plates and stickers and send you on your way.

Take the title to the MVD... Tell them that you just bought the vehicle... and you want the PRIMARILY OFF ROAD plate and registration. You will get a license plate that looks just like a MC plate but it will have the letters RV on it instead.

Get caught driving around town and you'll wish you had bought the MC plate instead.
RIDERS - Just a bunch of guys that wanna go riding !

Jeff aka BOLT screwed with this post 01-17-2014 at 08:16 PM
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote