View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 12:04 AM   #306
Flood OP
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
To follow up on my article from last night

David Casteu held his 10th position and is only 9 minutes behind Svitco in 9th! I think he will attack after reading his letter tonight.

Riaan van Niekerk maintained his position in 12th oveerall after getting 11th position in the stage. Moreover Michael Metge has some kind of issue and is now an hour behind him with no one in between. He was not able to catch Ivan Jakes in 11th who is now 30 minutes in front of him. He should bring a solid 12th in this year - not want he was looking for maybe but anything in the to top twenty is superhuman.

Chavo Salvatierra is just 9 minutes behind Metge in the same position as yesterday, 14th. I doubt he will be able to catch Metge because he is quit a bit faster than the two or three guys in front of him.

Laia Sanz comes in 20 miuntes after Henk in 16th overall after coming 12th today. Wow she continues to impress, but she will have to watch out: Chile's Claudio Rodriguez is just 6 minutes behind her, with two other guys after that 5 and 10 minutes after that. No mistakes for Laia please!

Robert Van Pelt (Sorry I called him Richard yesterday!) beat Brett again today, and established a very solid 1st position in the malle moto class. He came 21 today and is clearly someone to watch in the coming years given he is only 20 years old!! His overall position is 24th about half an hour behind Honda factory rider Pizzolito with another 30 minute gap behind him.

Brett Cummings came 38th today which is outstanding but I think he has wisely eased off the gas a bit to ensure a clean finish. What a hero and 2nd in malle moto class in 28th overall. He has 90 minutes to catch van Pelt which is now very unlikely indeed. Still to win 5/12 stages in his class is a fantastic achievement. Life will be dull after this!

Brett is 26 minutes behind Swedish colonel and semi-pro riderMiran Stanovik now, but Bianchi Prata another pro is catching up and is just 11 minutes behind him! Don't slow down tomorrow Brett! Regardless, what class!!!

Shane Diener came 31st today, repeating yesterdays great performance, and is still 39th but is now just 5 minutes away from beating fellow Aussie Allan Roberts for 38th and 2nd Aussie boy in! You biscuit!

Mongolian representative Boldbaatar Damdinkhorloo maintained 61st position despite coming 45th today. What a boytjie but unfortunately for him there are big gaps this far back. But he is only 7 seconds short of pipping Mexican Carlos Grazida for 60th. If he can finish tomorrow, his 3rd attempt, it will be the first time a Mongolian has finished the Dakar!

And finally Jose Ignacio Chivite has moved up one place in the overall to 77th but most importantly tomorrow he will finish the Dakar 2014 !!!

Only 78 people in the world have the opportunity finish the 2014 Dakar Rally tomorrow as riders, hopefully all of them make it somehow.

This years Dakar has gone so quickly but it has been a very entertaining one indeed. I think tomorrow somehow have its share of drama as well.

After that its only another 50 weeks of waiting.....

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook