View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #132
Koolranch
NCADVR

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexford View Post
A bit of history..... I've owned and enjoyed GSA's in the past and have really enjoyed riding them (left when we started having problems). Went back to cruisers... having trouble enjoying a ride as much as I did. Then tried a Super T..... sorry, not really impressed! Went back to cruisers, and well here I go again. Is the maint on the new 1190 going to be as extensive as it was on the 950's (sorry, only reference I have) ie: pulling fuel cells off just to change the oil??? Not really a mech.. can change oil, pull a tire, replace a battery and so on. Is the new KTM going to be more than I can handle in the issue of keeping the bike up? Granted, the bike is new here in the states and probably not many opinions yet established. Just thought I'd ask. Really envy you folks riding the 1190 Adv and would love to get back on something that is comfortable and handles well.

Thanks for your time, and have a grand day.

Rexford

I specifically asked about changing the oil and it is very simple. All the drain plug and oil filter access is very straight forward. The air filter will require removing the tank. The dealer said that it is not hard. A service here in the Charlotte NC area costs $75 plus parts. I'm guessing $130 range. This also includes a chain adjustment among other items.
Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote