View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #2546
JoeMongo
¿Por dónde?

Oddometer: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossguzzi View Post
Joe,
Would love to hear how you like the map after you have put a few miles on it.
Cheers
Well, I took the big black beast out to a narrow twisty mountain road yesterday, with mostly 2nd gear curves (and a few 1st gear curves thrown in to get my attention), and my current tune needs some work as well. Throttle response at the on/off transition is very hard to manage, even with a G2-400 cam throttle.

As long as I am accelerating or running at higher speeds so the engine is significantly loaded, the beast does great. But holding a steady speed at low engine output, say 25 to 30 mph, is exhausting and throttle steering my way around tight turns is almost impossible. Even clutchless throttle around medium turns takes focus and faith.

I was only able to get one additional fueling stumble, once when I slammed the throttle wide open at about 3K rpm to close a gap in bad traffic (well, yes, and also to hear that wonderful howl from the intake and Akras), and it almost lost rpm before it started pulling again. It only happened once and I couldn't get it to do so again. Hmmnnnn . . . .

My TPS is good, throttle are balanced, MAP and barometric sensors all look great. I think I will be trying another tune once I get a full tank through this one for approximate fuel mileage.

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

JoeMongo screwed with this post 01-21-2014 at 03:48 AM
JoeMongo is offline   Reply With Quote