View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #544
gco0307
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I think it depends on the personality. Stoner was a 'genius', as Oxley said. Every media wag in the paddock wanted a piece of him. Take CEIII for example; nobody seems to care what he says...
Totally agree Pantah.

Often Edwards and Stoner would essentially say the same thing, be that criticism of a rider or the track or at times tyres etc, but only one would garner the excessive vitriolic abuse as a whinger whilst everyone would laugh at the other with comments like 'well said Col' etc. The difference is delivery and the fact that Edwards (like Rossi and some others) will smile when delivering criticism which some people seem to believe makes it more 'fun' , but the messages are still the same.

IMO, and I suspect I am not alone here, but please give me riders who speak from the heart and are genuine with their comments, allow these guys to describe the situation and incidents in their words and not those of a media savvy lacky. Rainey, Doohan, Lawson, Gardner, Sheene etc all spoke freely as should the modern rider.
gco0307 is offline   Reply With Quote