View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 10:01 PM   #83
Doug Matson
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,705
Just got my Grey 1190 and I am amazed, it feels lighter than my 950 and turns much sharper. Fueling is very nice it feels more like a well set up carbed bike than fuel injection, no sharp cut off as it idles down. The throttle is to stiff and there is some heat under the seat, I just ordered a wings short so that may help. The heat is not really that bad, rode about 50 miles today in 80 temps (SoCal winter) and if your moving its not a big deal. Seat felt good also. Took the canister out of from under the rest seat and the tool kit fits in there now. Maintenance looks way easier than the 950 also which is nice. fit and finish is very nice except for the little glove box in the dash thats a joke! Can't find out how to adjust the headlight, it's a tad low, they are sending me the manual didn't have it with the bike. The electronic adjustments are so easy and really work, the brakes and motor are just incredible! Only problem is my face hurts from all the grinning I have been doing for the last two days.
93' XR 200
72' SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
70' CB 350
65' CB 160
Doug Matson is online now   Reply With Quote