View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #52
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,537
OK, just got even with the work load and now able to continue and finish this RR.

After the tires repair in Ocosingo, we headed towards Palenque.

This road is just Wonderful, so twisty, full of vegetation, mountains, rivers, you name it.

But....

But, some place about the middle point between Ocosingo and Palenque, JC was hit by a taxi driver when we were crossing one of the many little villages along the road.

I was driving #1, JC was #2, Andres #3 and Efra #4. We were separated each other by some 300 ft or so, but we could not see each other full time due to the so many twists, so I got to this village and see the cab entering to the main road (our road) without even look at the sides, so I honk to the assh... and he stops and I pass but getting a little bit on the oposite lane....
I keep driving and I dont see JC for some 5 minutes so I stop... next thing a collective transport stops where I am to download passage and the driver tells me that my buddy went down hit by a car.....

WTF???

I turn back as hell... thinking the worst...

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote