We have been watching the development of the LED bulbs for some time. I make it a point to try out most everything that might make its way to the market. Up until now that has been a disappointing experience.
There are many LED bulbs that are designed with a cluster of LEDs that are bright to look at, yet do almost nothing to project the light down the road, These just do not provide enough light to use the halogen reflector in your bikes headlight.
The other thing we have seen are led bulbs that do not have a good way of reducing the heat build up, There is a reason that high end bulbs use a fan system and electronic thermal management, It is necessary. A bulb that only uses conductive heat management will not last on a motorcycle headlight, your bulb is not in the wind, the fan is required.
What we have here is a product that promises to provide the performance of HID with the advantages of LED lighting. Using epistar emitters these things do pack a punch.
What are the benefits of this LED Module?
No Ballast.. No need to find space for an HID ballast
Instant on.. Most HIDs require a warm up
True High and Low beam
Longevity, these should last 10X what a HID setup will.
Lower power draw, on high these are pulling 30 watts on low 20 watts
3600 lumen rating
What are the draw backs of LED over the HID?
None that I am aware of.
Note that an LED or HID bulb in a halogen reflector is not going to set the moon on fire like some of todays LED Aux lights. Your expectations should be for a better working headlight.
Rather than us pushing these on you riders, I would like to make an offer to a few to riders who will install,take good photos and report back about the product.
We are running these on a test bed right now 24/7 and will not offer any for sale until we see the bulb pass the 1000 hr mark with at least 500 cycles. That will hit about the middle of Feb.
What we need in testers
1. You ride alot, we want you to give these a good workout.
2. You can take good photos of your install and beam shots, up against a garage door or something like that will be good, also a before and after shot.
3. you have the ability to know what wires (terminals) are high low and ground on your bike. There will be no need to do any splicing, but right now you will need this info.
3. You will come back to this thread and report your findings.
Retail price on these will be around $60.00
The H4 bulbs will work in H4 H6M and BA20 with a slight mod.
We will offer a 18 month warranty.
Now available here
Plug and play kits for the KTM, Husky, Husaburg dirt bikes as well as the CRFX
· Air Heads
· R Nine T
· 7” Headlight
· Fairing equipped bikes
· CRF 250L
· Trans Alp
· NC 700
· 690 Duke
· 950 SE/SMR
· 950 ADV
· 990 ADV
· 1290 SD Requires canbus adapter
· 2012-13 350/500 with rubber boot.
· Gen 1 KLR
· V7 Stone
· DR 200SE
· DR 350S
· DRZ 400
· DR 650
· DL 650-1100
· SV 650
· Tiger 800
· GB 500
· Speed Triple
· GS 1200 High/Low
· GS 650/700/800 twin High/low
· High beam cover requires removal or modification.
· Ulysses XB12X High/Low
· Versys High/Low
· Tiger 1050 Low beam
· All require rectifier and H4 plug mod.
· CRFX 250/450 all years
· WR 250/450
· Any Carbureted KTM 2 or 4 Stroke dirt bike with BA20D requires rectifier.
· 1190/1090 Requires KTM H11 kit
H7 Special Fit
· KLR Gen2 2008-2015 requires kit available January 16th.
These bikes are a proven fit. The bulbs may fit many more applications.