.: THE INTERCONTINENTAL RALLY ROUTE 2014 :.
Let's talk route selection for 2014! It is a well known fact that for as long as men have raced to Dakar the deciding stages took place in Mauritania. It is a stark, cruel landscape which punishes mistakes and only reveals its inherent beauty to those who approach it with respect and humility. The preliminary route for next year includes 3 long and challenging stages through Mauritania which will almost certainly determine the winners. The stage to Atar is a classic route following the iron ore train tracks east. The next two stages will traverse dune fields and blast along rocky desert pistes. They will test endurance and skill and sheer will to persevere in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. Are you up to the challenge?
The Intercontinental Rally 2014 route:
1. Stage - Jan 20 Almeria - Nador - Taouirirt (warm-up stage, 130km)
2. Stage - Jan 21 Taouirirt - Merzouga (460km)
3. Stage - Jan 22 Merzouga - Mhamid (295km)
4. Stage - Jan 23 Mhamid – Icht (445km)
5. Stage - Jan 24 Icht – Samara (495km)
6. Stage - Jan 25 Samara - Boujdour (415km)
7. Stage - Jan 26 Boujdor - Dakhla (360km)
8. Stage - Jan 27 Dakhla – Bon Lanuar (420km)
9. Stage - Jan 28 Bon Lanuar - Altar (515km)
10.Stage - Jan 29 Altar - Akjout (240km)
11.Stage - Jan 30 Akjout - Nouakchott (450km)
12.Stage - Jan 31 Nouakchott – St.Louis (315km)
13.Stage - Feb 01 St.Louis - Lac Rose (by Dakar, 165km)
14.Stage - Feb 02 Lac Rose - Lac Rose (30km)
The Lite Class is going to finish in Boujdor, Morocco.
The Full Range Class is going to finish at Lac Rose by Dakar, Senegal.