View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #20
Gillies
Monkey Boy

Oddometer: 704
Yep. Moonbeam, Gemini, Saturn - seems the celestial streets leave a bit to be desired. My brother's got a rental on Gemini that was completely washed out by the flood. Too bad, really, no one in the area ever imagined a flood could take place there, so no one had insurance and the Feds didn't help because not enough folks were affected. There's lots more to the area though. Tons of really nice houses on 2+ acre lots all around in the 300-500k range. The wind does blow, and you do learn to live with prairie dogs or snuff them. Lots of riding in the Cinders right next door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtKlod View Post
Allright, you got me on that one. I did not realize there were houses that nice out there until I browsed the aerial imagery for a bit. She lived on Moonbeam, right out in the middle of a bunch of tiny, cheap little houses with prairie dog infested yards where the wind never, ever stopped blowing. And when they had that flood several years ago, seems like a lot of the area was covered in a foot of mud.
But, if you've got some cash, it looks like there are some pretty decent places to be had out there as well.
Gillies is offline   Reply With Quote