View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #20
salcar OP
Riding 4 Health

Oddometer: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxinux View Post
Do you like having a garage? If so, you will likely get further away from SF. With a shuttle, living in Fremont/Union City is nice as you can get 3 bed/2bath+garage for 1800, where you can pay twice that or more for a 2/1+1 parking _spot_ in SF. You can move further out and get more space for less, but the commute, even on a bus gets long.

I grew up in Fairfield (50 miles east of SF), have lived in Sunnyvale, Fremont, Redwood city and Milpitas and have typically been happier further from SF than closer, that said, Sunnyvale was nice. If you want Warm + walking distance to night life you should also check out downtown San Jose depending on where your shuttle picks up.
Yes, I will need a garage for the bike and probably for my fiance's car (if she feels that we need one).

How is Fremont? they have a shuttle from there - Fremont - 6552 Kaiser Dr

We are not planning on buying a car right away and i'll be bringing my bike over. So ideally we need public transportation and be walking distance to do basic shopping.

Also, one of the things we want to pick-up is sailing so ideally we would like to be "close" to a marina and my fiance is into Yoga.