View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #354
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

Oddometer: 205
Creating a detailed route with GPX Track and Waypoint Import

Inmates:

We have made good progress on this new feature, it's up on Rally Navigator now and ready to use.

Previously, we could just import a capture GPX Track without any Waypoints into Navigator, a user had to create ALL Waypoints along the track on the Navigator software.

Rally Navigator: New and IMPROVED!

Track and Waypoint Import: To create a roadbook using this feature, simply ride along the route and manually create Waypoints in your Garmin GPSMap60 GPS unit at each Navigation Waypoint. Save this file as a GPX using Mapsource or Basecamp. In Navigator, click 'Create a Route" then use the "Import GPX" Premium feature.

Navigator will create the Route and Waypoints in the Roadbook. You will probably need to clean it up a bit. All of the route info is easily edited using Navigator: Move, Delete or Create more Waypoints and Tracks, Drag track handles to fine tune CAP headings and verify proper placement of Waypoints etc.

Currently this feature has been developed and tested using a Garmin GPSMap60cxs. GPX formats vary greatly between GPS units, other units may not work. If so, only a track will be imported.

Take it for a spin at www.rallynavigator.com

Please let me know if you are able to successfully use this feature with any other GPS units, I'm curious to know.

Thanks for your feedback.
Pics - Moto - Dakar Rally - Rally Mongolia - TAT - F1 - Sports Cars - Crap
Rally Navigator - Create, Print & Share Rally Routes with Google Earth.
RenoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote