View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
Roam
If you want to

Oddometer: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcanfinforo View Post
Been reading quite a bit of threads in the ride reports forum (specifically those from US to South America) and I've noticed all rides are done in dual sports. The point of my reading is to plan a ride myself, on a 1976 CB 750. Before you rip me a new one, it's not stripped, chopped, bobbed, or cafe racer style. My ride is as it came of the line in early 1976, last year I put 15k miles with no problems and regular (1500-2000 mile) oil change intervals.

Does anyone take long trips on Standard type motorcycles?

Peter and Kay Forwood rode through every country in the world on a Harley Electraglide so I think you'd be fine on a standard. Unless you're trying to ride on dirt roads, 90% of your miles are going to be on pavement so 90% of the time you'll be glad your on a cb 750 and not a dual sport. Of course that other 10% of the time you might really really wish you were on a dual sport.

When I did my South America trip I met a young Aussie who had never owned a motorcycle before picking up a Yamaha 650 standard with Pennsylvania plates in Mexico and riding it down to Ushuai. He didn't seem to be any worse for wear for it.

Roam screwed with this post 01-24-2014 at 04:52 PM
Roam is offline   Reply With Quote