View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #30
Flyinace1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
I hear you.

Yet, the issue is in the word "adventure"; and what that means to each of us, individualists.

You envision an adventure that places demands on the machine; if not entirely dependent of the machine.
To many adventure is what happens on the road, in whatever way it comes. The machine, not so important. Wind in the hair and all that, you know... It suffices to be a twowheeler.
Check out Ride Reports and see that the reports with a huge following feature a wide array of motorcycles. Many of these might be considered absolutely unsuited for "adventure"...

So, indeed. This thread may attract a wide array of replies.
+1

My personal idea of a perfect "adventure" bike would be mostly street oriented but capable of some light offroading much like the Moto Morini Scrambler. I know it's quite different than most people's, but I love traveling on roads and highways and do very little to no offroading on my adventures

But since they don't sell them here...
If I had the time and money I'd get a naked mid-weight street bike with some decent torque down low, increase the suspension travel, bigger wheel on front, a few other mods to protect the bike and my hands and put on some road oriented dual sport tires so I can put on some serious road miles but still take on fire roads and easy trails when I feel the call

2005 Yamaha FZ6 (the faster blue )
1995 Honda Magna VF750C (sold)
Flyinace1 is offline   Reply With Quote