Originally Posted by dolomoto
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm very familar with TimeOut and their various editions in the region.
I'm more interested in what the folks who have been here awhile think about local places that aren't necessarily reviewed in TimeOut, Tripadvisor, etc.
As for cuisine, we're wide open! So, what suggestions do you have?
I love good food and i don't mean the flashy mega expensive places which sell over-priced crap. So, i go and eat at places like truck stops on the highways, the small corner place in a crowded market / industrial area etc.
- the thai place at hotel siji al-diar is good
- there are a few mandi restaurants in the samha / baniyas areas (outskirts of abudhabi) serving good arabic food (not lebanese)
- although quite famous, the "lebanese flower" serves shitty food IMO
- few indian places (vegetarian) near el-dorado cinema serve good food but spicy.
- couple of paki restaurants after the hardley ableson showroom on passport street (or is it called defence street ?) which serve good spicy food and crispy, piping hot tandoori rotis
apart from a few places located in hotels/restaurants, i doubt if i can give you useful directions/leads.
whats your visit schedule to AuDhabi look like ?