View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 07:53 PM   #772
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,597
Cooper Webb rode really well to a third last night. He had a HUGE off in first timed practice. He jumped the second triple (just after the whoops). After the triple there were 5 small bumps or whoops into the left hand 45 degree turn. Most guys went triple double in practice but it looked like Cooper tried to jump the entire section. He got bucked up onto the bars and rode a nose wheelie into/over the berm without ever touching the brakes. When the bike threw him off the front at the top of the berm he flew about 40' and hit thee ground just as he hit the concrete wall that was the edge of the seating area. I thought he as destroyed. No way he could ride the event. Maybe the season. Then, three or four minutes later he gets up and walks back to the pits. Insane.

Was it obvious on camera that everyone else was much faster than Dungey in the whoops? Guys like Brayton were making up huge ground every lap. I put it down to the KTM steel frame but in the Lites class Anderson as one of the fastest guys in the whoops. Same basic frame/suspension construction design between those bikes isn't it?

I never saw RV do the quad jump. Just JS7. Dungey was behind him and saw it and the next lap he did it as well. Then when JS7 went by CR22 Chad saw James do the jump and then he did it the next lap as well. It looked good for almost a half second every lap. Big Jump!

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote