View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #28
Beastly Adventurer
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ
Oddometer: 1,131
Originally Posted by AZstateParksOHV View Post
Actually, he is correct. It is part of the OHV legislation and the reason State Land Department gets 5% of your OHV money.

The OHV decal allows the vehicle the sticker is attached to and the rider on that vehicle to access state trust land using existing routes without purchasing the state land rec permit. If you decide to stop and have a picnic, camp, or go hiking, you need a State Land rec permit for you to do that recreation. If you stage on State Trust Land, the vehicle you leave behind needs to have a permit hanging in the window, so that means you have to buy a permit for your tow vehicle in that case.
Thanks for the correction Jeff. I was thinking of "access" being more like staging, camping, and generally hanging out and riding.
1989 R100GS
russbryant is offline   Reply With Quote