Originally Posted by Vicks
I love good food and i don't mean the flashy mega expensive places which sell over-priced crap. So, i go and eat at places like truck stops on the highways, the small corner place in a crowded market / industrial area etc.
- the thai place at hotel siji al-diar is good
- there are a few mandi restaurants in the samha / baniyas areas (outskirts of abudhabi) serving good arabic food (not lebanese)
- although quite famous, the "lebanese flower" serves shitty food IMO
- few indian places (vegetarian) near el-dorado cinema serve good food but spicy.
- couple of paki restaurants after the hardley ableson showroom on passport street (or is it called defence street ?) which serve good spicy food and crispy, piping hot tandoori rotis
apart from a few places located in hotels/restaurants, i doubt if i can give you useful directions/leads.
whats your visit schedule to AuDhabi look like ?
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I agree about the Lebanese Flower, I was unimpressed.
We've visited a couple of spots around Tourist Club area (Bonna Annee, Maroush) and have been quite happy.
I get away from work most Wednesday evenings for a few hours.