View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #62
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by agavelvr View Post
The people that work the desk at the MVD do not enforce the laws out there on the street and trail...that's what law enforcement does. Their interpretation of what Primarily Off Road is in direct conflict with what their paperwork says. The paperwork does not say a MC plate + OHV decal under Primarily Off Road is limited. The guy I talked to today did not even comment on that, he just asked me to indicate what I which box applied to me the most. Had I selected off road only, he would have issued a RV plate. Had I selected On Highway Only, he would have charged me full vehicle registration fees plus the OHV decal and issued a MC plate.
MVD is THE Gov agency for vehicle registration... not a non profit self help coop. They do in fact NEED to be the expert between our needs and the law. They do in fact NEED to SELL us the appropriate registration based on simple English. Providing accurate and proper registration for any vehicle is not a Law Enforcement Issue... IT IS THE MVD's JOB to provide this expertise !

I don't wanna argue with you cause we are on the same side of this issue. I just don't agree with your notions on what should be expected from the MVD.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote