View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #67
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunz11 View Post
do you have a H4 or BMW G650GS compatible bulb that connects to the existing 3-prong OEM connector?

I commute to/from work in the dark and am thinking of converting to HID, but would be interested in testing or buying your product. More light will enable me to travel safer & faster
In a slightly related effort to glean more light out of my BMW G650GS I went with the Philips Extreme Vision H4 bulb. It has much better light with same watts and good life expectancy.

The OEM parking lamp(shares the same pod & with same lenses/separate reflectors as OEM HL) has potential for more light down the road than the stock W5W 50 lumen bulb but the LED I tried from ebay seller: epanda_house that has 700 lumens ,the bulb was too long and thus too close to the lens for me. I now have a Japan Polarg W5W bulb that will at least improve conspicuity , I hope.
There should be a way to put more usable light down the road from that parking lamp with the right LED? Ideas?
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote