View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #82
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 22,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
The "OHV" on the plate is the big killer in several states. That OHV plate is used like a OHV sticker in some states and does not require one to purchase insurance. In most Midwestern states this type of plate infers a bike with limited trail -to -trail allowed street use....but don't get caught riding it in town to the grocery store!
In NM right now it is a big issue because your title is even tagged OHV ONLY and very much limits where you can go and kills potential re-sale value.Why take that chance to get a huge ticket? Just pay the man. You buy a $10K bike and quibble about a $250 1 time reg fee? I guess that is OK if you never plan to leave AZ but I suspect that will all change for you later to be OHV only.How much money are you saving if your bike title says OHV ONLY on it when you re-sell it? and how does that compare to just paying the street plate fees to begin with?
I agree with checking the right designation and paying the proper fee if you use the bike primarily on road like the OP. But I don't and occasionally do long trips with involve a lot of pavement. This is not an OHV tag. It's a sticker that you place on a regular street tag that allows you to use OHV designated areas.

I don't see how I could get a ticket on the roads of another state if I have a street tag on my AZ registered and titled vehicle.

cyberdos screwed with this post 01-29-2014 at 11:31 AM
cyberdos is online now   Reply With Quote