View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #702
George 99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Along with two friends, got in about 85 miles of dirt 'n sand yesterday, east of Lake Havasu, south of Yucca, AZ. All two-track but ruff enuff for me. My thighs 'n knees are paying the price today.

Others were on a DR-650 (AdventureBound on this site) and an XR-400. The XR only made it about 40 miles on a full tank, had to front him a gallon and a half to finish the ride.

ST stands for Super Tanker as well as Safari Tank. She's heavy when full but lots of gas can come in handy. The current tank has 95 miles on it, plus filling up Jeremy's XR and still shows about 1/2 full. That's Jeremy from Golden Shores doing the siphoning.

We were originally headed for Alamo Lake but a late start and a couple detours ran us out of time. Fun tho. I'll make it to Alamo another time

Here's the route:

Tubliss system did it's job; airing down the tars to about 10PSI sure made a difference in the sand. After splitting from the other guys at Santa Fe Ranch Road and I-40, I stayed on mostly dirt, paralleling the rail road all'a way back to Kingman. Easy enuff.

BTW, this was a My 2 Wheels (my2wheels.com) ride, pretty good bunch of folks from my limited experience with them. Hoping to meet some of youse guys in person soon.