View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #3159
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic291 View Post
I really like Pashnit.com. When I lived in California I used to be on the website all the time...I didn't even own a bike then.

http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

I would recommend flying into long beach. That is the easiest airport in Orange County.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to go take a look at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Do you have any ideas on routes?

I've ridden the PCH a few times and have a few suggestions. I've only ridden it up to Monterrey though so I can't give you any pointers past there.

If you guys are starting from LA I wouldn't pass up riding route 33.
From there you can either bank a left towards SLO to pick up the PCH or go around the long route this way. The 58 is pretty awesome. If you look at that last point "E" you'll see that if you make a right there you'll pick up route 229. This road on a map may not seem like much but they call it Rossi's Driveway and is a hoot.

If you decide to stay at SLO you can check out the Madonna Inn for some cool weirdness.

There are a few other rides around SLo but I can't seem to remember them right now. I'll have to look into my "routes reserves" later.

From SLO it's all PCH. Maybe an in and out into Nacimiento-Fergusson road or a look at the Hearst Castle. The castle will eat up a large chunk of your day so plan accordingly if you decide on stopping there.

You two have fun. I'm jealous.
Thanks Julio. My first that was just stay as close to the coast as I can all the way up to Bellingham, Washington if we are ambitious enough. The only thing that worries me is that it could be cold as soon as we leave the coast. Beyond that though, I don't know where/if it would be cool to detour from the coast to see anything else. Heck, this trip is a blank slate. We could end up not going so far north and maybe visit some other stuff that is cool besides the coast. Who knows?
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote