View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #3165
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post

My first that was just stay as close to the coast as I can all the way up to Bellingham, Washington if we are ambitious enough. The only thing that worries me is that it could be cold as soon as we leave the coast. Beyond that though, I don't know where/if it would be cool to detour from the coast to see anything else. Heck, this trip is a blank slate. We could end up not going so far north and maybe visit some other stuff that is cool besides the coast. Who knows?
Its a great ride along the coast on 1. I did a big loop ride from Denver out to the coast starting in San Loius Obispo to Washington on 1 with a detour up to Crater lake in Crescent City and then back down to Coos Bay. Its some beautiful scenery up there and you'll get a lot of great photo oppurtunities. It may be too cold for Crater Lake but the coast is a trip to remember. You can't go wrong there.

The "Greatest Road" ap for an iphone is pretty cool and will give you info on the closest road to where you are as well as ratings, so if at one point you feet like venturing off just open it up and see whats near by.
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote