View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #3572
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleR View Post
John,
I just currently got caught up on your report after a several month hiatus. I thoroughly enjoy your outlook and experiences. I mentioned duolingo to my wife who is a language teacher and she is now offering her students extra credit for spending time on the site. Perhaps that will make her job a bit easier. Happy wife=happy life so thank you.

Also wanted to say I was at an adv gathering this past weekend in Virginia, and your name came up a few times in passing as a source of inspiration. While normally not polite to talk about someone when they aren't around, I promise you it was all good and filled with envy. You are very well known in the adv community and I felt privileged to be well versed in your travels and philosophy. Thanks for continuing to share with us. Carry on!
Hi UncleR,

You boys can talk about me behind my back all you want. Lord knows everybody in the podunk town I live in does. Plenty of people back home think I'm nuts. Not that I care. ADVriders and world travellers are about the only people who get what I'm about. Money comes and goes, but seeing the world float by from the seat of a motorcycle stays with you forever.

Glad that duolingo is of use to the wife. It's been a helpful program for me. Nice to have you along for the ride amigo.

Saludos,
Juan Aventurero Poco Loco

JDowns screwed with this post 01-29-2014 at 03:57 PM
JDowns is offline   Reply With Quote