View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 06:05 PM   #19
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
That is about the worst thing I have ever seen posted on this board, you are definitely part of the problem, people like you is exactly why the mass killing is allowed to go on.

As an airline pilot, we get tested all the time, and have to perform to a level far beyond what any driver has to. Flying a plane is about 100 times more complicated and harder than driving a car is, yet how many deaths do we get in the US per year in commercial airline accidents, most years zero.

We get 30,000 deaths a year on the roads, where the task is much simpler, and you say the system is working ? Its a shame people like you support this, people like you are defiantly a force for bad.

Not checking people or doing anything about incompetence until they make a lot of obvious mistakes, have you ever put any thought into what you just supported in you post ??? In aviation, we have proven this to be a very stupid attitude and we make every attempt to catch incompetence well before it kills people... This is not opinion, this is fact and we move hundreds of millions of people per year safely. Its just sucks that a really great person has to pay the price for such stupidity and attitudes that allow it to go on.

Mike

Interesting. I see, I must be the problem because I let people go about their business until they screw up. You want people re-tested at a certain point. So do I. I say that point is a violation and you seem to say that point is a certain age. We are not so different. We each draw a line, but:

3 things come to mind:

1) if what I wrote was the worst thing you have seen posted here, you haven't looked very hard

2) this is about driving, not flying. Apples and oranges.

3) if I am so wrong, why do most Americans agree with my point? If they did not, the laws would be different. Should people do better on the road? Yes. Will they? No.

Other than that, "people like me" let the cops do their job and it shouldn't be "a lot of obvious mistakes" to get a license pulled. One big one or a few minor ones gets a person in trouble.

Also, people drive without licenses all the time. No magic law will stop it as those people already don't give a damn. They are out there so be careful.

I take driving and riding seriously. I have a clean driving history and have taken the MSF ERC as well as multiple Cali Superbike School days. This does not mean I am done learning. Never.

However, this is all side-bar to a man who lost his life while riding.

Ride In Peace Sarge.
SilkMoneyLove is online now   Reply With Quote